Login | Register

Nerd Paradise

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A start
The Forum > Philosophy & Religion > Evolution, Creationism, and Intelligent Design
Page: < Previous 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41
It should be noted that although Genesis does not follow the order of evolution it was also written for people who had little understanding of science therefore it would be as simplified as possible.
[Quote] [Link]
It was written by those people, but it was written for all people, presumably. Granted, they didn't know what "all" people entailed back then, and couldn't possibly have fathomed the modern age. Genesis was written hundreds of years before science was even a thing.
theking said:
Good point, but there is way more evidence of evolution then there is of just creation.
I know. That's a large part of my point. I don't think you understood what I was saying. There is, in fact, no evidence for "just creation" and definitive evidence for evolution.
[Quote] [Link]
It was written by those people, but it was written for all people, presumably. Granted, they didn't know what "all" people entailed back then, and couldn't possibly have fathomed the modern age. Genesis was written hundreds of years before science was even a thing.

You are simply reiterating my point.
[Quote] [Link]
No. Who is was written for implies that the authors could have put in the right information but didn't due to the audience. It also implies that what was written is not for people who do have scientific knowledge, including most of the several billion people currently alive. Christians should disagree with the latter.

Who is was written by is important because it means the people who wrote it didn't have access to the correct information, and simply did not know how the world started. You didn't mention the writers, you mentioned the audience. I was not reiterating your point, I was taking issue with the implications of your point.
[Quote] [Link]
No. Who is was written for implies that the authors could have put in the right information but didn't due to the audience. It also implies that what was written is not for people who do have scientific knowledge, including most of the several billion people currently alive. Christians should disagree with the latter.

Who is was written by is important because it means the people who wrote it didn't have access to the correct information, and simply did not know how the world started. You didn't mention the writers, you mentioned the audience. I was not reiterating your point, I was taking issue with the implications of your point.

People with scientific knowledge can interpret the former making it work for both. If it is written for non-scientific peoples those with greater understanding can look back and see that as we are and so then we can understand that it is written for all.
[Quote] [Link]
I've never read hamlet, but I get the reference. Now I feel smart.
[Quote] [Link]
Page: < Previous 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41
The Forum > Philosophy & Religion > Evolution, Creationism, and Intelligent Design
Current Date: 14 Vigeo 10:4Current Time: 6.80.34Join us in IRC...
Server: irc.esper.net
Channel: #nerdparadise
Your IP: 54.204.94.254Browser: UnknownBrowser Version: 0